As we enter the month of December and the looming prospect of the first Christmas Holiday Season under COVID Lockdown, your mind may be on other things rather than your lawn.
The month has started mild with daytime temperatures and 6.8 degrees and 1.4 degrees overnight but a cold snap is forecast as we enter the second week of December.
Winter 2020 starts on Monday, December 21st in the Northern Hemisphere, with the first day of winter being the shortest daylight day of the year with the earth’s axis having reached its furthest tilt away from the sun and begins to change direction back.
Once any frost goes off the lawn, there is always a string of jobs to get you out in the fresh air and these include:
- Rake up any final leaves and twigs from the lawn
- Mow the lawn if ground conditions permit
- Control any Lawn Worm Casts with CastClear – Lawn Worm Suppressant
- Trim the lawn edges
- Trim any flower borders and pathways that adjoin the lawn
- Book the lawn mower in for a service or service it yourself including sharpening the blade
- Tidy the shed
- Order your spring lawn care products
- Apply some Soluble Iron to retard any moss and to provide some great colour visual
- Re-turf any damaged areas
What every you have planned for the month of December, your lawn will not stop growing so do not neglect it. You may only mow it once this month or not all but seize the opportunity if we get a short mild spell and lightly give it a mow.